GitHub becoming the most popular Version of Git, we have a few features lined up to support GitHub
1.Raising PullRequest from Eclipse between 2 Remotes
- Earlier Implemented as Gimmick which would open the URL in a Browser and you could click on Create PullRequest
- Now the Feature is extended and implemented using GitHub Mylyn Connector, so that you can raise PullRequest from Eclipse itself in the true sense.
- Select a Branch in the Github Repositories View and See the Forks of the Selected Repo Graphically and Hierarchially.
3.Add Remote and Fetch from Fork
- You can Select a Fork and decide to Add a Remote and Fetch that into your Local Git Repo in just 1 Click.
- This feature helps in avoiding
- Copy Pasting SSH or HTTPS URL from Github
- Add Remote > Enter Remote Name > Add URI > Add ConfigSpec and finally Fetch.
Features to follow
- Other GitHub Operations thru GUI.
UpdateSite & CodeBase
- UpdateSite : http://www.ancitconsulting.com/gitHub-pr/
- Github Link : https://github.com/ANCIT/eGit-extensions
- Eclipse Marketplace :
Blogs and Other Links
- Fork Visualisation Plugin for Github
- GithubMylynConnector Integration with PullRequest plugin]
- Plugin for Raising PullRequest in GitHub]
- Show Forks present on a Online Github Repository]
- Fork & Clone a Github Repo from Fork Visualisation View]
- Annamalai C (github.com/cmalai)
- Subramanyam CS (github.com/subramanyamcs)